Claim Second Self-employment Income Support Scheme Grant

In the UK, the HMRC wrote to self-employed people who may have been eligible for a second grant to help them make their claims within a stipulated period. The HMRC also provides the date for those who can get the third claim. Tax accountants in the UK work closely with the HMRC and so are the best people to help you with claiming second self-employment income support.

The HMRC contacts you via email when you apply to claim the first grant. If they cannot get you through email, they send a mail. There will be a date in the letter so you can make your claims during those dates.

Note: If you receive any suspicious emails or calls claiming they are HMRC, contact HMRC yourself to report this.

How to Check Your Eligibility for the Claim?

The HMRC contacts everyone they think is eligible based on the information available to them. Not everyone they contact is usually entitled to the grants. We recommend that for more information about your eligibility for the claim, talk to an experienced tax accountant in the UK.

Criteria for Eligibility

  • COVID-19 must have affected your business adversely after 14 July 2020
  • Your business must have traded in the tax year 2018-2019 and you must have submitted the self-assessment tax return before 23 April 2020 or before that.
  • Your business must have traded from 2019-2020
  • Your business must have continued trade in 2020-2021
  • You must have made trade profits of more than £50,000
  • More than half of your income must have come from being self-employed for the tax year, or from an average of income earned during specific tax years. A tax accountant in the UK can tell you what tax periods apply accurately to your claim.

How to Claim the Second Self-employment Income Support Grant

Just as it is in the case of the first grant, you have to process the claim yourself. The tax accountants at Tax Advisor UK can only help you prepare the documents and prepare to file the claim without errors.

According to the HMRC, your accountant cannot claim the grant for you. Doing this will only trigger a fraud alert, and this will lead to delays in your payment. HMRC has made the process of claiming grants very easy. Here is a list of things you will need:

  • A UTR (i.e. self-assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference)
  • National Insurance Number
  • User ID and password to your Government Gateway
  • Your UK bank details (bank account number, name of the account, sort code, your bank address)

Once you log in, you have to provide the required information for the HMRC portal to calculate the grant. Upon approval of your claim, your payment will go directly into your bank account. This usually takes six days or less. The payment will be in installments. If it takes longer than six days, contact HMRC. Hope this information proves helpful. In any case, if you have questions, doubts, or concerns, discuss them with your accountant. As a business owner or self-employed trader, it is always highly recommendable to hire a tax accountant in the UK to handle all your documentation and prepare claims accurately.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *